McGill is ranked 21 in the World on the QS World Rankings 2014 and 35 on the Times Higher Education Rankings 2013-2014. They are one of Canada’s top ranked institutions and has 21 faculties and professional schools offering degrees in more than 300 fields of study. McGill offers a full range of bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs as well as professional degrees in law, dentistry, business and medicine. The world-renowned Faculty of Medicine has four affiliated teaching hospitals and graduates more than 1,000 health care professionals each year. With almost 20 per cent of its students coming from 160 countries around the globe.
To make it easier for you to find your way around McGill’s website and get the details relevant to you as an IB student they recommend you use the following links:
- Answers to prospective students’ frequently asked questions or to book a tour, can all be found on the McGill in Mind website at https://mcgillinmind.mcgill.ca/mcgill/index.do
- The List of Programs is available at www.mcgill.ca/undergraduate-admissions/what-can-i-study.
- The Course Calendar is available online at www.mcgill.ca/students/courses/calendars/
- Admission requirements (in terms of prerequisite subject requirements) for students applying with an I.B. Diploma can be found at: www.mcgill.ca/applying/admissionsguide/2014-15/overseas
- Admission standards for previous years are listed on the website and can be found at www.mcgill.ca/applying/admissionsguide/standards
- Information regarding providing proof of English proficiency is at www.mcgill.ca/applying/admissionsguide/englishlanguageprof
- The application deadline for students studying outside Canada is January 15. The application is found at www.mcgill.ca/applying/how .
This is an application-only deadline. The deadline to receive supporting documents is later (March 15), but students will want to upload their documents as soon as they are available as a program can close before the deadline date if it has reached capacity.
- Supporting documents are uploaded by the student directly to their file. More info at www.mcgill.ca/applying/submitting-your-documents
- Students with high academic achievement and leadership qualities may be interested in submitting an application for a major scholarship. Students needing some additional financial assistance can apply for the Entrance Bursary program. Information regarding Entrance Scholarships and Student Aid can be found at www.mcgill.ca/studentaid/scholarships-aid/future-undergrads
- Admitted students are not mailed the letter of offer of admission; they will be able to access (and print it) via Minerva.