University of Cambridge Subject Masterclasses
Subject Masterclasses are aimed at academically-able Year 12 (IB1) students from any school/college. They are subject-specific events, which offer students a true flavour of undergraduate study and an introduction to the University of Cambridge.
What are they?
The Masterclasses provide students with an opportunity to explore topics of interest beyond what is covered within the A Level syllabus, and offer the chance to experience typical undergraduate teaching at Cambridge.
A range of subjects are offered each year, which in the past have included Chemistry, Engineering, Genetics, Geography, History, Languages, Mathematics, Music and Psychology.
Each masterclass includes:
- two taster lectures delivered by leading academic members of staff from the University
- the opportunity to discuss and ask questions
- an introduction to the Cambridge admissions process
- the opportunity to hear about life as a Cambridge student, from current undergraduates
Bookings are now being taken for the November Series of Masterclasses which include:
- Genetics and Biochemistry
- Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
These all take place on Saturdays.
For more information and to book click here, there is a cost of £10 to attend.