THB group are currently recruiting for 5 trainee technician roles with possible apprenticeship. The closing date is 18th June and could be an option for school leavers looking at their options post-school.
Some information below and job description is attached if you wish to print and advertise.
THB is a specialist Insurance and Reinsurance Broker based in the heart of the City of London. We are part of AmWINS, the number one wholesale broker in the US. They have a global platform and work within the London Insurance Market, providing a wide variety of insurance expertise to our clients, ranging from marine and construction, to kidnap and ransom.
A fantastic opportunity for 4 individuals to join the THB UK Risk Solutions Department as Trainee Technicians has come up. The THB UK Risk Solutions Department offers a broad choice of capacity to meet the needs of those who require motor fleet insurance. This includes exclusive wholesale access to Unicorn Underwriting – plus a range of products, specialist schemes and exclusive arrangements, as well as fleet risk management services.
About the Job
To undertake all aspects of Mid-term adjustments within the Admin Team, relative to personal experience and ability.
- To ensure a professional and expedient level of service is maintained to support all matters pertaining to the THB UK Risk Solutions Department
- To follow THB UK Risk Solutions and Group Best Practices
- Assist THB UK Risk Solutions Team with relationship development
Some of the General Tasks include:
- Driver referrals (including obtaining additional information from agent where needed)
- Request relevant additional information required by underwriters from agents to enable them to consider requests further and vice versa
- Issuing of cover notes and green cards as necessary
- Scanning of documents and attaching emails on to Total Objects
- Ensure adequate contact is kept with sub-agent and underwriters during any of the processes to finalise matters
- To promptly convey instructions, premium and terms to underwriters
- Issue other relevant Total Objects integrated documents to accompany debit/credit notes
- Update MI/Statistics using Total Objects as necessary
- Advise brokers of acceptance/refusal of cover and provide written confirmation of terms as necessary
- Ensure replies received from underwriters where necessary and that agent informed accordingle
- Liaising with agent and underwriters in order to resolve issues
- Ensure that paper files are correct and in order prior to filing
- Filing of paper files
- Check and issue policy documents including certificates to agents
- Close documentation i.e. proposal forms to underwriters
- Processing of finance agreements (includes on-line renewal of existing Premium Credit finance agreements)
- Minimum of 5 GCSE at grade C or above or equivalent, including maths and english
- A Level grades – BBC or equivalent
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
Please note that they may consider this role for an apprenticeship.
THB is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Introduction to USC
London – June 2018
for senior school students, school counselors and parents/guardians
Monday, 25th June 2018
19:00 for 19:15 BST
end-time between 20:30 and- 21:00
USC London Office
12 Bedford Square
“Introduction to USC” is an off-campus program designed to introduce all senior school students, school counselors and parents to the
US undergraduate university system, the
University of Southern California and all it has to offer.
You will get a chance to have your questions answered about USC, Los Angeles, courses of study and some general admission points.
There will be a presentation by Priya Kapoor, the director of the USC London Office (herself an alumni and British school system graduate).
These programs also provide students and their families with an opportunity to meet current students, alumni, and other prospective students and their parents.
For more information contact Priya Kapoor on firstname.lastname@example.org
USC London is in the ACCENT London building.
Closest tube is Tottenham Court Road on the Northern and Central line.
On Monday, June 11, Don Bishop, director of admissions and financial aid at Notre Dame, will be giving a presentation in the afternoon at a conference in London. We are hosting a teacher, head of school, and high school counselor reception at our London Global Gateway (1 Suffolk St, London SW1Y 4HG, UK) from 16:00 to 18:00. Allison Goodings, Trade Commissioner for Education from the Canadian Embassy, will also be attending and would be pleased to share with counselors her insights on attending college in Canada.
Additionally, from 18:30 to 20:00 on June 11, Don will be meeting with students, parents, and interested school administrators who would like to learn more about Notre Dame and insights about the most selective universities in America—admissions and scholarships. Don has served as senior admissions officer at two of these universities (Cornell University-School of Hotel Administration and Notre Dame). Meetings are available from 18:30 to 20:00 to discuss Notre Dame or learn more on how students should approach the college admission process at the top 15 most selective American universities.
To attend either reception, you should e-mail email@example.com.
This year, we have 17 new British freshmen at Notre Dame; overall, we have over 50 undergraduates from England.
Our BMAT experts will be sharing their top tips and advice, so you know how best to prepare and what to expect on the day of the test. The webinar will cover:
- the format of the test
- how to approach the questions section by section
- how to make the most of our free support materials.
There will also be the chance to ask any questions you may have.
Free BMAT webinar 2018
Tuesday 17 July at 17.00 (UK time)
Register for the BMAT webinar